General and Family Dentistry
Everyone needs to see the dentist on a regular basis. General dentistry services like teeth cleaning, teeth examinations and fluoride treatments can protect your teeth from problems like tooth decay, tartar, gum disease and tooth loss. As your dentist in Fort Myers, FL, the professionals at Gold Standard Dentistry recommend that our patients come to see the dentist every six months for general dentistry services that can help keep their teeth pearly, white and healthy.
General Dentistry Services
We provide a range of dentistry services to our patients including:
- Teeth cleaning. During this procedure, the dental professional will remove plaque and tartar from your tooth enamel, floss your teeth, and inspect your teeth for problems like cavities and more.
- Teeth examination. This procedure is designed to catch problems in their early stages. During the examination, the dentist will check your teeth for looseness, look for cracks or chips, diagnose conditions like gum disease and identify preventative measures that can help stop conditions from advancing.
- Fluoride treatments. Fluoride helps strengthen your teeth and prevent cavities and decay. Fluoride treatments aren’t usually required with every visit, but your dentist will recommend it when it’s a good time.
- X-rays. These images help us determine when something is happening inside the tooth or inside the gum that we can’t see. Like the fluoride treatment, you may not get x-rays every time you visit the dentist. Your dental professional will help you decide when it’s time to get an x-ray performed.
The Importance of Routine Dentist Visits With Your Fort Myers Dentist
Going to see your Fort Myers dentist every six months for a routine teeth cleaning and check-up is essential for good oral health. Not only does it allow you to catch any small problems early on, but it also helps you create a relationship with your dentist and dental hygienist, making it easier to open up, ask questions, and seek help when you need it. Additional benefits of routine dentists visits include:
- Enjoy a brighter smile: Your teeth will be professionally cleaned, removing any plaque and tartar that has built up over time. This will leave your teeth looking brighter and feeling smoother.
- Catch small problems early and prevent bigger issues: By catching any small problems early on, you can avoid more serious issues down the road. For example, if you have a small cavity, your dentist can treat it before it turns into a larger problem that may require a root canal or other more extensive treatment.
- Education on proper oral care: Your dentist can offer tips and advice on how to improve your oral care routine at home. This may include recommendations on which type of toothbrush or toothpaste to use, as well as how often to floss and brush your teeth.
- Oral cancer check: Oral cancer is a serious disease that can be difficult to detect in its early stages. During a routine dentist visit, your dentist will check your mouth for any signs or symptoms of oral cancer.
- Provides you with peace of mind: Regular dentist visits help to ensure that your mouth is healthy and that any problems are caught early on. This can help to provide you with peace of mind and help you to avoid any unexpected dental bills.
WHY SEE A FAMILY DENTIST?
The professionals at Gold Standard Dentistry consider themselves to be family dentists because we treat patients of all ages and conditions of many kinds – which makes us your one-stop dental location in Fort Myers, FL. It’s easier and better when the whole family can have a positive relationship with one dentist.
When To See the Dentist
Make appointments with the dentist every six months, unless otherwise directed. You should also see the dentist if you notice problems such as:
- Tooth pain
- Swelling around the tooth or gums
- Loose permanent tooth lot loss of a permanent tooth
- Bad breath that won’t go away with a tooth brushing
- Chipped or cracked teeth
The symptoms above are all signs of a more serious dental problem that should be addressed as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Dental Appointment
During your next preventative dental appointment, you’ll see a dental professional to get your teeth cleaned. During the cleaning, they’ll check your teeth for problems and then decide whether they need to take further action.
Your Fort Myers Dentist
At Gold Standard Dentistry, we provide dental care for the whole family. From routine cleanings and x-rays to crowns, fillings, and more. If you’re in need of expert dental care, call the best dentist in Fort Myers to schedule an appointment today.